LegalAcceptable Use Policy
Microsoft Licensing Terms and Conditions
CUSTOMER MAY NOT:Use the Services or any equipment provided by BSC (the “Equipment”):
- for any purpose that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any Applicable Law or for the purposes of encouraging or assisting others to do any of the foregoing;
- to make prank, harassing, threatening, annoying, abusive or offensive calls or other communications;
- to invade another person’s privacy or collect or store personal data about other persons;
- to harm, stalk or otherwise harass another person;
- to unlawfully use, transmit, disseminate or otherwise make available content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, slanderous, defamatory or otherwise offensive;
- to unlawfully promote or incite hatred;
- to transmit, disseminate or otherwise make available objectionable information, or information protected by copyright, or other proprietary or contractual right, or related derivative works, without obtaining prior permission of the copyright owner or rightsholder;
- or abusively or fraudulently,
- restrict, inhibit or interfere with the ability of any other person to use or enjoy the Services, or create an unusually large burden on BSC’s network, including, without limitation, distributing mass or unsolicited communications, or otherwise generating levels of traffic sufficient to impede others’ ability to use the Services;
- alter, modify or tamper with the Services, Equipment, BSC’s facilities and/or its network;
- use with the Services or BSC’s facilities and/or its network any equipment (including any IP telephone equipment) not approved by BSC for such use, or use the Equipment with any services of functionality equivalent to the Services, other than the Services;
- use the Services to make unsolicited voice and facsimile calls, whether automated or otherwise, except in accordance with applicable Law; or
- disrupt BSC’s network; interfere with digital networking or telecommunications service to or from any Services user or any network; or otherwise restrict, inhibit, disrupt, or impede BSC’s ability to monitor or deliver the Services.
SYSTEM AND NETWORK SECURITYViolations of system or network security are prohibited and may result in criminal and civil liability. BSC will investigate incidents involving such violations and may involve and will cooperate with law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected. Examples of system or network security violations include, without limitation, the following:
- Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail-bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks.
- forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting.
- All computers accessing the Internet via BSC’s network must have Anti-Virus software installed and maintained with the latest Virus Signature Files.