If your business accepts payment cards, you should know that maintaining payment security is serious business. It is vital that every entity responsible for the security of credit/debit cardholder data diligently follows the PCI Data Security Standards.
The PCI Security Standards Council is a global organization that maintains, evolves and promotes Payment Card Industry standards for the safety of cardholder data across the globe.
The Council’s primary functions are:
- Helping merchants and financial institutions understand and implement standards for security policies, technologies and ongoing processes that protect their payment systems from breaches and theft of cardholder data.
- Helping vendors understand and implement standards for creating secure payment solutions.
Maintaining payment security is required for all entities that store, process or transmit cardholder data. Guidance for maintaining payment security is provided in PCI security standards. These set the technical and operational requirements for organizations accepting or processing payment transactions, and for software developers and manufacturers of applications and devices used in those transactions.
Cyber criminals continually find new ways to exploit business networks and steal sensitive data. By having your business network scanned externally, weaknesses can be identified and resolved to help protect against such crmininal activity.
Quarterly External Vulnerability Scanning helps businesses fulfill Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) requirements and secure their network, whether or not payment cards are processed.
Combining multiple powerful scan engines and utilizing the latest scan technology, the scan engines work to find business network and web application weaknesses that may allow backdoors, remote access, SQL injection and many other types of malicious attacks.
BSC Solutions Group’s services in this area include:
- Assistance with completion of annual PCI compliance questionnaire
- Review of quarterly scan results
- Professional Services to perform any required remediation
Give us a call today for more details.