May 23, 2022 is an important date if you are running Outlook for Android. As of that date Outlook for Android will no longer support Android 7.1 or below. You will need to upgrade your Android operating system to Android 8.0 or newer in order to update to newer versions of Outlook for Android.
Not sure what version of Android you Have?
In order to determine the version of Android running on your phone or tablet, follow the steps below. Depending on your Android, the menu option names may be a little different, but you should be able to follow along.
- Open your Android settings from your app list. It’s a gear-shaped icon.
- Tap “About Device” or “About Phone”.
- Tap “Android Version” or “Software Information”. In some cases, you won’t need to tap either of these, but will instead see the version on the About screen.
- Look for the Android version section of the screen, which will indicate a version number.
- Some Android versions have names as well as numbers associated with them, such as Android Pie or Android Oreo. It’s a good idea to take note of this name, which can be helpful in learning about the update schedule for your phone or tablet, or when downloading apps or contacting support.