Cyber security is a major threat to organizations of all sizes. If hearing stories about cyber attacks on organizations like yours makes you wonder whether you’re as protected as you could be, we’re happy to talk to you about your concerns and your IT cyber security goals. As one of the top cyber security companies in Toronto, we provide a wide range of cybersecurity services and solutions for businesses in Mississauga, Brampton and the entire Greater Toronto Area.
Protecting your corporate network and data with IT cyber security solutions, policies and procedures should never be considered optional. If you have data, you are a target for cyber attacks, plain and simple. Don’t make the assumption that your organization is too small to be noticed or your data not important enough to attract attention. As the experts say, it’s not a matter of if, but rather when you will become a victim. Being proactive and using the right cyber security solutions and policies can make a big difference in protecting your business and everyone involved.
Minimize the Risks
At BSC, we help organizations just like yours minimize the risks of data breaches and ransomware attacks that can have costly consequences to your reputation and finances. We will also ensure that network disruption is minimized, should there be a cyber security breach.
Ready to make a change? Get started today with an initial Cyber Security Assessment followed by a custom designed Cyber Security Strategy to fit the unique needs of your organization and budget.
Together, you and our IT cybersecurity team can ensure your company, employees, customers and business partners have reasonable protections in place for your network and the vital data you store.
Note that as of November 1, 2018, Canadian companies are required to report data breaches to customers, affected third parties, and the federal privacy commissioner.
What to Do About Them
Top 7 Weak Spots for Cyber Security and What to Do About Them
Any organization without stringent and up-to-date cyber security measures has key weak points that leave them vulnerable. Those include:
- Employees inadvertently allowing access to your network via a Phishing attack. It’s important to make sure that your employees know how to spot and avoid Phishing scams and educate them on how to protect themselves and others in the company.
- Microsoft Windows and other software applications not having the latest security patches and updates. If your computers are running Windows, it is important to make sure that they are current with the latest security patches and updates. These can help to protect your device from malware, viruses and other threats.
- Antivirus software that is not kept up to date. Besides keeping updated, your antivirus software should be one of the far more sophisticated, next-generation type antivirus solutions.
- Poor password management (weak, used in multiple places, stored insecurely.) Password management is a critical part of any company’s security policy. But for many employees, the best practices they may have been given are not being followed. It’s just too cumbersome to keep track of 20, 30, even 50 or more complex passwords. Our experts in cybersecurity in Mississauga, Toronto and the GTA will solve this problem with a company-wide Password Manager that can be centrally managed. You need only remember one master password to access all the others within your personal “vault”.
- Desktops or laptops running Windows 7 or older operating systems. Since January 2020, desktops or laptops running Windows 7 or older operating systems are no longer supported by Microsoft. Users should upgrade to Windows 10 or 11 to continue receiving updates and security patches.
- Servers running Windows Server 2008 or older operating systems. Windows Server 2008 and older versions were no longer supported as of January 2020. No support means no security patches, so any vulnerabilities that arise will not be fixed and can potentially put your company at risk.
- A data backup solution that:
- Is not automated. You’ve got a lot on your plate, so automate! Manual backup solutions rely on an employee to consistently perform this duty. What if they forget, are off sick or on vacation? How do you ensure backups are getting done?
- Doesn’t back up your data regularly (hourly is recommended to minimize potential data loss).
- Is not checked daily to ensure backups are completing successfully. Many a company we have encountered were shocked to learn they had not had a successful backup for weeks or months.
- Doesn’t back up your data both locally and to the cloud. These days, data should always be backed up in multiple locations to ensure you can access it, even in the event of a disaster.
IT Cyber Security Assessment / IT Cyber Security Audit
It’s next to impossible to know, without sophisticated discovery tools, how secure your computer network and data is. Tools and expertise are required to dig into and report on all facets of your network security. Our Cyber Security Assessment / Cyber Security Audit will provide such a report.
By deploying our discovery tools on your network, we are able to gather detailed information, giving us a baseline of your overall network security at a specific point in time. A summary of our findings and recommendations for areas needing attention is then presented in a report that is easy to read and understand.
The next step after identifying your vulnerabilities is to address them with the appropriate cyber security plan and policies. We understand that the security measures implemented need to be a balance between best practices for your industry, your security comfort level and your budget.
7 Critical Components of a Cyber Security Toronto Strategy
Download Your FREE Copy of Our Strategy Brief
Need help addressing computer vulnerabilities and guarding your organization from cyber attacks? Contact us today for a cyber security strategy for your business.