8 Ways Voice-Activated Technology Can Improve Your Business
Voice-activated technology has been gaining recognition and integration in the business world, boosting overall productivity. It is estimated that native speech recognition will be built into 82% of mobile devices by 2020, therefore, it is important organizations start to explore the benefits of this technology.
Here are 8 ways the integration of voice-activated technology into the workplace can benefit organizations:
- Voice recognition technology can improve your customer service phone support. With technology like Siri, Cortana and Alexa, the way has been paved for exceptional voice recognition and natural responses. Such technology is better than anything the telecom industry has produced.
- Voice-activated technology could help connect employees to internal resources on demand such as getting answers about their workplace policies.
- Products like Amazon’s Alexa could integrate with business apps and help employees manage their time better by using this technology to scheduling meetings, keep track of tasks and set important reminders.
- Search Engine efficiency can be improved using voice-activation software, especially where complex search terms are involved Speaking rather than typing such search terms could improve accuracy.
- In large organizations with shared meeting space challenges, voice-activated assistants could be used to make scheduling easier, allowing employees to focus on more important tasks. Voice assistants can manage conference call setups, room availability and booking.
- Accessing your organization’s data could be much easier where you can ask a question such as “what are our year-to-date sales trends” and instantly be presented with this data.
- Voice technology opens up more opportunities in certain industries. It is an excellent way to improve environments where worker’s duties are hands-on. For example, on an assembly line, speaking commands to a piece of equipment would prove immensely easier than having to stop and type instructions on a keyboard.
- In the health care sector, voice-activated technology using artificial intelligence and machine learning, has the potential to reduce documentation and administrative costs.
For more articles like this, subscribe to BSC IT News & Tips:
June 28, 2018 3:25:39 PM