This Acceptable Use Policy specifies the actions prohibited by BSC Solutions Group Ltd. (BSC) to users of the BSC Network. BSC reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time.
BSC’s customer use of the Internet Services (“the Services”) must comply with the following provisions and with all applicable local, provincial, federal or foreign laws and regularity requirements, including decisions, orders and rules of the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunication Commission (collectively, “Applicable Law”).
CUSTOMER MAY NOT:
- use the Services or any equipment provided by BSC (the “Equipment”):
- for any purpose that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any Applicable Law or for the purposes of encouraging or assisting others to do any of the foregoing;
- to make prank, harassing, threatening, annoying, abusive or offensive calls or other communications;
- to invade another person’s privacy or collect or store personal data about other persons;
- to harm, stalk or otherwise harass another person;
- to unlawfully use, transmit, disseminate or otherwise make available content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, slanderous, defamatory or otherwise offensive;
- to unlawfully promote or incite hatred;
- to transmit, disseminate or otherwise make available objectionable information, or information protected by copyright, or other proprietary or contractual right, or related derivative works, without obtaining prior permission of the copyright owner or rightsholder; or
- abusively or fraudulently.
- restrict, inhibit or interfere with the ability of any other person to use or enjoy the Services, or create an unusually large burden on BSC’s network, including, without limitation, distributing mass or unsolicited communications, or otherwise generating levels of traffic sufficient to impede others’ ability to use the Services;
- alter, modify or tamper with the Services, Equipment, BSC’s facilities and/or its network;
- use with the Services or BSC’s facilities and/or its network any equipment (including any IP telephone equipment) not approved by BSC for such use, or use the Equipment with any services of functionality equivalent to the Services, other than the Services;
- use the Services to make unsolicited voice and facsimile calls, whether automated or otherwise, except in accordance with applicable Law; or
- disrupt BSC’s network; interfere with digital networking or telecommunications service to or from any Services user or any network; or otherwise restrict, inhibit, disrupt, or impede BSC’s ability to monitor or deliver the Services.
SYSTEM AND NETWORK SECURITY
Violations of system or network security are prohibited and may result in criminal and civil liability. BSC will investigate incidents involving such violations and may involve and will cooperate with law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected. Examples of system or network security violations include, without limitation, the following:
Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail-bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks.
forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting.
All computers accessing the Internet via BSC’s network must have AntiVirus software installed and maintained with the latest Virus Signature Files.
Sending unsolicited mail messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising and informational announcements is explicitly prohibited. A user shall not use another site’s mail server to relay mail without the express permission of the site.
Posting the same or similar message to one or more newsgroups (excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting, also know as “SPAM”) is explicitly prohibited.
INDIRECT OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS OF THE POLICY, AND ACTUAL OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS BY A THIRD PARTY ON BEHALF OF A BSC CUSTOMER OR A CUSTOMER’S END USER, SHALL BE CONSIDERED VIOLATIONS OF THE POLICY BY SUCH CUSTOMER OR END USER.
Complaints regarding email or USENET abuse, SPAM or illegal Use or System or Network Security issues, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
BSC Solutions Group Ltd.
18 Automatic Road, Suite 27
Brampton, Ontario, Canada L6S 5N5
BSC Solutions Group Ltd. reserves the right to change or modify our policies without notice.
This statement is intended to address the protection of personal information.
“Personal information” refers to information that specifically identifies you as an individual, such as your home address, telephone number, gender etc. “Personal information” DOES NOT include the name, business title, business address, business telephone etc. of any employee, i.e. information found on a business card.
While BSC Solutions Group Ltd. seldom requires the collection of personal information in the normal course of our business, on the occasion that we might obtain such information, we are committed to protecting all of the personal information you share with us in order to maintain your privacy. It is our top priority to respect and uphold your need for confidentiality. Any sharing of personal information will only be done as required in order to provide the products or services ordered by our customer. No personal information will be sold to third parties.
When replacing computer equipment, what do you do with the old stuff?
BSC will take care of this for you and ensure the equipment ends up at a proper recycling facility. For desktops, notebooks, and servers, we perform an electronic erase of all hard drives before disposal to protect your corporate data from being exposed.
Being in the business of selling computer equipment means we generate a fair amount of cardboard waste. Rest assured that all that cardboard is going to a recycling facility and not into landfill.
At each of our employee’s desks, next to all printers, and in our staff kitchen, are recycle bins for paper and food containers to ensure that as little as possible goes to our local landfill.
Used batteries are collected at a central location in our office and taken periodically to a recycling facility.
At BSC we do what we can to minimize the impact of our business activity on the natural environment and hope that you do the same. We only have one planet!